During this World Day for Cultural Diversity with a focus on dialogue and development, we want to highlight the importance and the contribution of diversity in our company.
Diversity means “the fact of many different types of things or people being included in something […] the fact that there are many different ideas or opinions about something” (Cambridge Dictionary). At Hitachi Capital Canada we mean diversity at large, including age disparity of our employees, their region or country of provenance, their gender, their culture, their religion and their ways of thinking, etc.
Diversity at Hitachi Capital Canada is materialized notably by the equal opportunity for positions in our company, to take part in decision-making and eligibility for promotions. People have equal opportunities, irrespective to any considerations regarding ethnicity, age, gender, etc. We firmly believe that our most successful teams are composed of people from different cultures and experiences. In concrete terms, our diversity’s outline are the following:
- Age diversity with:
- 48.5% of our employees between the 19 and 34 years old;
- 30.5% of our employees between the ages of 35 and 49 years old;
- 21% of our employees are between the ages of 50 and 67 years old;
- Gender diversity in executive positions
- Gender diversity in management position
- Multicultural diversity across the organization
- Our 206 employees contribute every day to our development with their individual experiences, competencies and ideas.
Let’s work together in supporting our people, their ideas and diversity!